Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My very own Hawaiian Experience Part 2


My first evening in Maui I practically ran to the beach to verify the color of the water. Indeed it was just as beautiful as Google's image but even more so because I was there to see it, touch it and experience it for myself.  The waves crashing against the rocks made for a beautiful backdrop for what I was feeling.  I was at peace, in love, with a heart filled with joy and with immense gratitude to God for this grandiose opportunity. From that moment on a smile was painted on my face and remained there for the entire seven days.... 


In the morning when I opened my eyes, I could hardly believe I was really in Maui. I put on the long white robe that was laid out for me the night before, grabbed my cup of coffee and headed towards my balcony.  Oh yessss there was no denying that I was in Hawaii. The weather was perfect, a fresh morning breeze accompanied by a warm ray of sunshine greeted me aloha.  
I spent the day sightseeing around Maui's downtown and surrounding areas.  It was extraordinary to have an incredible view of the ocean from practically anywhere in the town. 



That evening I had my first LUAU experience.  I didn't know what to expect, I'd vaguely seen a clip or two on TV about a " luau" but not enough to be prepared for all that took place.  As I arrived I was greeted by a native, he welcomed me by placing a flower lei around my neck.  A group of natives played Hawaiian music throughout the event.  The unique sound of the ukulele, nose flute, and slack-key guitar filled the air with a festive vibe.  

Having the inquisitive mind that I have, I made my way to where a small crowd was gathered.  Why, oh why ... did I do that?!!!  That's where they had buried the pig I was going to eat that night!!! Oh but once I was there, as hard as I tried to leave, I just had to see it. LOL 



The most spectacular award winning Luau exhibition took my breath way. The stage was set-up on the sea shore.  Behind the stage I could see the ocean as the beautiful sunset disappeared inside it, simply mesmerizing.  The music was playing, lighted tikis surrounded the stage as the dancers expressed their culture through beautiful displays of movement.  There was also an extraordinary fire performance .... water, fire and wind. Perfection



 

It wasn't all happy thoughts though... the woman in the yellow costume made me green with envy.  She had a beautiful body, gorgeous face and perfect hair. UGH some people have everything !!! hahaha JK she was lovely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment