Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Who has influenced you?




I want to write about people that have inspired me throughout my life's journey.  People, that in one way or another imparted into my life lessons that challenged my thinking and transformed my life.  It is true that there is a lesson to be learned from everyone that crosses our path: women, men, youth and even children. But then there are those that become mentors, life-lines, and inspiration simply by us watching them survive their own life's journey.  For that and many other reasons I chose my spiritual mom Awilda Candelario.

I have watched her walk through paths of roses, smelling their fragrance while embracing the wind.  She danced every step of the way imparting joy and laughter to everyone around her.  From those days I learned how to enjoy the moment.  How to surrender with all that I have to the mission at hand.  How to give my best, work with excellence, and always take responsibility for my actions.  How to delegate without fear of being overshadowed and how to mentor from my heart and with my action, more than with my words. She taught me to not allow fear to interfere with bringing forth my full potential.  "Do it afraid"

I have also watched her walk through paths of thorns, desperate and sobbing and not feeling a single breeze.  She was being pricked every step of the way; her feet were bleeding and her knees grew weak. From those days I learned my greatest lessons from her; for those were the days I could see her humanity. I learned to allow myself to feel the pain, the sadness, and the desperation of difficult times.  Its ok to feel, this too shall pass.  Amazingly enough, when she had every reason to give up, run, and hide; she crawled, dragged and squeezed her way out into the light again.  I'm thankful to her for teaching me how to dance in the rain, walk in the dark, and crawl when I cant walk.

Dressed with purpose, focused, determined, a woman after God's heart, confident about her destiny and with an unwavering faith, that's who she is.  Her strongest attribute PERSEVERANCE.

You may know her by Pastora Awilda... I call her mom ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment