Tuesday, July 23, 2013

We were not meant to be alone!

I


I have to say that writing a novel is no picnic! It takes long hours, dedication, commitment, passion and devotion to see it all the way through. I’ve been working endlessly trying to make it just right for my readers. I am confident that if just one person is blessed and touched; then all of my labor would not have been in vain.

In continuation with yesterday’s topic of loneliness; I’d like to look at how loneliness affects us socially. A person that is constantly avoiding social situations will be radically affected by this. Some key issues with this type of person are issues of distrust and inferiority. They are constantly comparing themselves with others. Often as a defense mechanism they might portray an overly confident person; causing them to view others as inferior or an overly shy person, afraid of making a mistake. You will find this person finding fault in everything and everyone in order to excuse their lack of relationships.

The truth is they are terrified of showing their true self to anyone. The reason this rarely gets resolved is because they avoid social situations, like parties, meetings or clubs. If an opportunity to fellowship presents itself, they usually come up with an excuse like, “I don’t join because they are all hypocrites.” “People don’t like me.” “I get used for my abilities and am never appreciated.” Also, they can repel people by portraying themselves as a prideful or arrogant person. Or make people uncomfortable around them because they portray themselves as an overly shy person. If not dealt with this person rarely develops meaningful relationships. 
 The only way to get out of this cycle is to face your fears

Here are five suggestions:

1. Open your mind to the possibility of new friendships/relationships. It all begins in the mind.

2. Go ahead and join a club, go to a meeting, join a class. Purposely put yourself in an uncomfortable situation in order to challenge yourself to overcome.

3. Do a Google search on small groups or classes that are gathering in your area. Examples of searches would depend on your interest; cooking, book clubs, bible studies, nutrition...

4. Decide that rain or shine you will put no excuses not to attend.

5. Stay positive and give yourself at least two tries before you decide it’s not for you.



I didn’t say this would be easy! I’m just now learning and applying this for myself. 

Its not until you decide that since you only have one life to live; you will make it the best life that you can possibly have. 
 Love my FGAL readers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment