Wednesday, May 29, 2013

When opportunity knocks, OPEN!!


Have you ever missed a job or a school opportunity?? I have, it’s not a good feeling.  When I graduated from Georgian Court University with my BA I wanted to get my masters degree right away.   Silly me, thinking I was going to have kids right away, I put it off. Well, I ended up not having kids for another three years.   And here I am 14 years later and still don’t have it.  That, to me counts as a missed opportunity.  I had the time, the resources and the stamina to do it back then.  Now, although I still can, I have fewer resources, less time and NO stamina. LOL There is most defiantly consequences to putting things off and missing out on opportunities. 

Many times we miss out because we think we have all the time in the world.  We live as if life doesn’t pass us by.  Other times, we are simply too afraid to try new things, take chances or push ourselves to the limit.  I have learned the hard way that time does pass us by, and that fear is nothing but a feeling that paralyzes us with made up thoughts of “what ifs,” Now that I know better, I do better.  But the reality remains that it will take a lot more effort on my part that it would’ve taken when the opportunity first presented itself. I like this quote…. “You must realize, that fear is not real, it is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me, danger is very real, but fear is a choice.  Quotesparade.com

What am I trying to say…..? This is your day to revisit those opportunities you lost.  Some might still be within your reach and some we simply missed out on.  Don’t allow another day to pass you by. Take chances on what you love doing, take leaps of faith, experiment with taking your hobbies a step further.  Live your life to the fullest.  This morning I posted a status on FB that I woke up thinking about “I don’t want to live wishing I was in a better place. I want to make the place that I’m in, better.” That thought made my day.   To think that I have that much power over my life is mind bottling.  I can choose to not miss another opportunity as long as I live.  From this day forth lets vow that when opportunity knocks, we will open our doors wide! !!! Lol  


Thanks for reading FGAL readers, you are my inspiration! J

2 comments: