Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My journey to finding purpose


I’ve been in reflective mode all day long.  After the Oklahoma news from yesterday, I could barely sleep.  I kept waking up and weeping for the parents of those children that died in that tornado.  I could not bare to put myself in their shoes, not even for a moment; the pain has to be unimaginable.   When things like this happen, they make us cherish the ones we love.    May God comfort their hearts as we continue to pray for Oklahoma.
As I mentioned in my last post, living without purpose or vision it’s like going around and around in circles; doing the same things over and over without any sense of accomplishment.  I realized that I had been merely living to get through the day.  Life is too short to live without a vision; a vision gives you motivation to wake up in the morning.  It gives you a reason to live an abundant life filled with joy and contentment. 

For me it came in an unexpected course of events.  I never thought that offering my house
to be a place of meeting for a monthly class was going to lead me to my purpose.  After the year was complete, we graduated as “Reinas” (queens) and indeed we felt like queens.  We had a glow, a determination, a new found vision, and an eagerness to go on to our next phase.  In my case, the next phase was to partner up with another graduate and begin our own “Reinas” class.  What an amazing journey it has been.  I can only tell you that having the privilege of sharing these classes and my own experiences with others has been what I was born to do.   

The idea that I will be able to inspire, empower, mentor and help guide women to have their own enlightenment, and find their purpose, is nothing short of a privilege.  I can tell you that there isn’t a day that I don’t wake up thinking about my class.  I think about ways I can make a difference in their life, ways I can decorate my classroom so that they will feel like they have arrived at a safe haven; a place where they can kick off their shoes and be themselves.  A few months after starting my class along came my blog. I found a new found love of writing; another way to inspire, empower and mentor.  I have found my purpose indeed. 

I encourage you to find that “thing” that fills you, moves you, inspires you or even agitates you.  I guarantee you that your purpose is intertwined in whatever it is that awakens those feelings inside you.   Until you find what that is, you will only be doing the “hamster on the wheel” dance.  You will be making all kinds of detours; making bad choices, focusing on negative things, finding faults within yourself and others; and living a purposeless life.  







Don’t wait another minute, start living a purpose filled life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment