Thursday, May 23, 2013

FGAL Second novel discussion gathering ....






I would like to start by saying that these FGAL novel discussion gatherings have turned out to be a very special time for me. They have become a place where women can come to be themselves, feel special, and most importantly share with one another.  We come in as strangers and leave as friends.   




Yesterday was the second gathering,  the first one was in Cleveland, Ohio.  Both were special in their own way.  Last night the

atmosphere was set; the entire room was lighted by romantic candle light; there was a fireplace, exquisite food and  awesome music. Each FGAL reader was welcomed by Adele's "rolling in the deep" song. There were flowers, a cozy couch with pillows and plenty of great conversation.   






All of the women  expressed the different ways they had been touched by the novel.  Several times during the conversation I felt as if I was in a dream.  One by one the






woman openly shared;  one of the women could relate because she adopted a child, another woman could relate because she was not raised by her mother, another could relate because she has had a Jacob & an Alfred in her life.  Another could relate to Lourdes, not being able to find joy in everyday things.  Through out the evening we read quotes of the novel and discussed how they made us feel.   We ended the night by listening to "Its about you" by the band "LED"  a perfect ending to a magical night.  My FGAL readers will change the world!! they ROCK!!!

Ok, now for the SURPRISE!  A few weeks ago, a publisher approached my hubby about possibly seeing my writings; he said that his wife was reading my blog
and the novel.  I put it off  for a while, but today I was able to work up enough courage to take him the novel's manuscript.  I was so nervous I could hardly breath. Especially after he asked me how long I had been writing, I told him it had only been three months. lol  After talking for a while, I had the privilege to sit down with an editor and author from Xulon Press and it went very well. Xulon press is publishing my novel!!!  
Thanks for your support!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment