Thursday, February 14, 2013

Operation:CUPID



My mother operates a pretty sophisticated operation when it comes to matchmaking.  She recruited two of my close friends to help her on this mission. With Oscar living in New Jersey, she had to figure out a way to get us to meet.  She arranged for two of my friends and I to go on a weekend getaway to NJ to visit friends.... hmmmm Even though I knew exactly what she was up to, I was not about to pass up a "getaway" no way! Lol So off we went, as soon as we sat down on the plane I turned to my friends and said " I know what mom is up to so don't even think about it. I only came for the trip. I'm not interested in meeting Oscar" my friends were speechless.  Lol  Why oh why did I bother fighting this woman!!! Hahaha 
Upon our arrival I also warned the people we were staying with; I knew they were in on the scheme as well.   I said something like "just letting you know, I don't want to meet Oscar, the way mom describes him I bet he is ugly and boring"  On the way to the corner store.... Within minutes a tiny green car passed us and as any silly teen would do we looked to see if the driver was cute! I turned to my friend excitedly and said "did you see that guy, omg he was soooooo cute!! but she had not gotten a good look.  I noticed that the car was turning around and coming our way, "OMG he is coming back, look at him this time" I said to my friend. haha As she took a closer look, she yelled "that's Oscar" as she waived him down.  I felt the floor under me give way, I stayed rudely on the sidewalk as my friend made her way towards the car. But just before she headed towards him I said, in an embarrassed low tone " he's alright, he's not all that" hahaha he still teases me about that till this day. 
Introductions followed and I remained cold and unfriendly throughout the day.  Oscar stayed with us for a while and afterwards asked us if we wanted go to the boardwalk later.  I gave my friend "the look" which she completely ignored and accepted the invitation... Ugh, why were my friends so loyal to my mom? lol I got all dolled up, not for Oscar I just liked to look my best. (right) hahaha As he arrived to pick us up, my two friends literally ran and jumped into the back seat leaving me to sit in the front, I was furious (NOT) lol Oscar made small talk, I ignored him. Keep in mind Oscar was in a band, he had girl admirers in many different towns, so he was not used to being ignored ..... Lol During that entire evening I tried my hardest not to like him.... and my friends tried their hardest to put us in situations where we had to couple up and sit together. They would choose two person rides and run to sit together so that Oscar and I would have no choice but to sit together. Poor Oscar had no clue what he was getting sucked into.... 
my mom's web! 
As the night went on Oscar wore me down, he wouldn't stop talking. So I began to listen, he talked to me about mission trips he had gone on to feed the hungry and clothe the poor. Oh my, I thought,  this is no ordinary teen. We talked and talked for hours, I found myself impressed not only by his looks ( lol ) but by his passion for helping people.  On the ride back home I was quiet, thinking to myself, I don't like him, my mom will not win, I don't like him, I don't, I don't.....  Ok I DO!!!!!!!! When he dropped us off he said goodnight. I looked at him in the eyes and as serious and mean as I could, I said " bye Oscar, have a nice life", gave him my back and closed the car door.  Ouch! my friends were furious at me, they scolded me about how mean and rude I had been. They had no idea I was fighting within myself, this had been my way of telling myself...I don't like him and I never want to see him again. When my heart was really saying...he is the cutest guy I've ever seen and has the most amazing heart. I want to keep him !!!!!! Hahahaha 


No comments:

Post a Comment