Friday, February 15, 2013

I bet he is an ugly, singing nerd!!!!

During this week I have decided to share how I met my husband. It happened during my rebellious teen years. hahaha I like saying that, makes me sound so mischievous! In actuality all it means is that I cut my own bangs. LOL


In the summerof 1986 while I was visiting my sister in Florida; I lived in Ohio at the time,I remember receiving a call from my mother; it went something like this…“Millie, I want you to meet a very nice young man, he sings and plays the piano.” My response “oh great, I bet he is ugly mom, an ugly singing nerd”hahaha I must say that my mother was on a mission; she had handpicked my two older sister’s husbands and now felt she had found mine. I however rebelled against that idea. I was in high school at the time and decided I was going to make my own choices when it came to love. [right] Lol
Thinking about it now makes me crack up. I was a fool to think I could outsmart my mother! I should’ve surrendered from the start and saved myself a lot of heartache.
After watching my mom play cupid for all four of her daughters, I have a new found respect for arranged marriages. Lol I mean think about it, who is better fit to find a lifelong partner; a thirty year old woman that raised four great kids, lived through a bad marriage & survived, and now has a great marriage. Or a fifteen year old kid that thinks she knows it all and cuts her own bangs. Hahaha All I was looking for in a lifelong partner was a cute guy that said I was cute too.
It wasn’t long before my mother had orchestrated an entire scheme to make this happen. I on the other hand, already knowing how she operates from watching her with my sisters, knew exactly what she was up to. There was no fooling me…..
In the months to follow I put up a good fight, I will share more in my next post. All you need to know for now is that I was not an easy catch, and Oscar was not an ordinary fisherman. It took him one year to win over my heart, but he didn’t give up, Thank God! ;)
here we are….. my mom has been married 28 yrs, my oldest sister 31 yrs, second sister 32 yrs, third sister 18 yrs and I will celebrate my 20th thisyear.
Mommy really does know best!


No comments:

Post a Comment