Saturday, February 16, 2013

Meet my Sisters :)

I want to thank you for the overwhelming response to yesterday's post.  It was most def a healing experience for me.  Today I want to introduce you to three amazing women, my sisters.  They are my inspiration as mothers and wives.  They have been there for me through all the chapters of my life.  I love them more than anything in the world. 
Have a great weekend, see you again on Monday :)


I would've never thought of doing this until my sister asked me to. My sister Millie has always had a love for people and this is another way for her to minister to those in need. Hats off to her, she is so special and like I say; she is the real deal.  I hardly remember my childhood maybe it’s because since I’m the oldest…. I’m losing my memory, lol. My mom dressed all three of us with the same kind of dresses to go to church every Sunday. After church I would change my clothes and go to the park across the street to play baseball (I was the only girl in the neighborhood who owned a bat, ball and baseball glove lol.. I always wanted to be a teacher, so I would go to the back of the house and create a classroom and teach my sisters and neighbors. I was a pretty mean one, but now they understand it was for their own good, hahaha  As a child I used to sleep over my grandma’s house to keep her company at night. Their house was across the street from our house.  I remember lying in bed looking through the window making sure my mom and sisters were okay. As soon as I fell asleep, I would usually be awakened by the loud arguments coming from my house.
My pre-teen years were difficult. My mom was very emotionally ill, going from doctor to doctor and taking all kind of medications, but nothing helped. One day a group of Christians came to our door and my mom recommitted herself to the Lord. Our lives changed forever. There was an awesome peace and joy in our hearts that we had never experienced before. Unfortunately, our home situation became worst. Divorce was the result and the rest is history…you will continue to enjoy learning about it on my sister’s blog; I know I will,,,lol.
I look forward to reading millie’s blog everyday; I laugh, I cry and I reminisce about the moments that are worth revisiting.  And even the not so good moments remind us of where we come from in order to stay grateful.  I love what Millie is doing with this blog, because thru it I know she is blessing and encouraging others.  I even share it with people that need to hear these words.  I’m the third of the four, I was the baby for 8 years; daddy’s girls. That was until Millie was born that is… lol I became very jealous for a while but later learned to see her as a little doll that needed me to take care of her.  We lived near a park and there was always people walking up and down the street.  I specifically remember one day, a crazy homeless woman just randomly walked into our house and grabbed Millie from her crib wanting to steal her, poor lady.  I grabbed her by her hair, kicked and punched her; didn’t let her go until she put Millie back in the crib. hahaha You can say I was somewhat of a strong willed child. LOL
I was a very independent and curious child. By four years old my oldest sister had already thought me how to read and write, therefore, when I got to kindergarten, I was bored!  So since we lived across the street from the school I would jump the fence and go home. LOL When I was 11 years old my parents divorced.  I became rebellious to the point that I was thrown out of three schools for fist fighting. I showed my anger by fighting with anyone, including my sisters and mother.  Nonetheless, I had a good heart.  I mostly fought in school defending the weak. Lol Some days I would cut class to go feed the homeless and visit nursing homes; to keep the elderly company and even comb their hair. Lol Thank God I was able to overcome the rebellion, I was able to understand why things happened.  My good heart triumphed and I have been a missionary for 17 years in one of the poorest countries in the world.   I  will forever be thankful to my mother for never giving up on me. 


  I am the second of the four sisters.  I have always been the calm one.  So much so that when playing house with my sister Sonia, she was able to convince me to eat grass mixed with water by telling me it was soup. Hahaha.   In spite of the problems in my home, I managed to remain focused in my studies.  But that doesn’t mean that I was not being affected by the constant fighting in my home.  I believe that’s probably why I’ve always been the most nervous of the four. It came to the point that I could no longer bare the situation, I begged my mother to leave.  Coming from me, the calmest one, made my mother realize that we would be better off.  Trust me, no divorce is good but in our case it was the only solution.  Although the divorce was a scary event in our lives, I recall the peace that came over our home after.  We never again experienced seeing my mother sad or crying the way she used to.  Our days and nights were filled with peace instead of fear.  My mother became our example of how to live our lives; by loving the Lord our God with all our hearts and leaning not unto our own understanding;  by in all our ways acknowledging him and he will make our path straight. (Prov.3:5,6)



4 comments:

  1. Nice job ladies im blessed to know you all. I wish we lived closer to you all so that my kids can know there family!! I pretty awesome family. Funny, loving, positive, strong, encouraging , successful God fearing family.

    God has taken you out of a bad situation and used those situations to mold you into wonderful woman Pastors, missonaries, and one of the most beautiful examples of how a loving marriage should be. For that im so proud to call you all family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Millie, you made me tear up!!! Love you guys.....

      Delete
  2. Thanks Millie, you have a family here,,love you Sandra

    ReplyDelete