Saturday, August 16, 2014

My very own Hawaiian Experience Part 6

It has been one week since I returned from my vacation in Maui ... and I'm still smiling.  If you are a lover of nature you must put Hawaii on your bucket list.  The beaches are like none I have ever seen. The combination of the rocks among crystal clear water and the closeness of all its surrounding Islands makes Hawaii stand out from all of the places I have visited.   Some mornings when I'd see the sun rays peaking through my sliding door I would step out to the balcony, listen to the roaring sounds of the waves and feel the gentle breeze making its way from the ocean. Sacred moment, meditation, reflection, but most importantly intimacy with my creator.

As if its beauty wasn't impressive enough Hawaii also has a sweet fragrance in the air. The many beautiful flowers growing wild around the Island cause an subtle but attention getting scent to linger throughout.   One of the most fragrant flowers, which you might see in leis, is the tuberose. At first I thought it was just me, maybe I was so in the moment that I was imagining an aroma to go along with the sights that made me feel in paradise. But no, there truly is a lovely smell in the air, you may notice it as soon as you arrive at the airport.  
MadBetty Image
I will now attempt to share the Black Rock Beach experience with you without ruining it LOL.  For this we rented a car and went on our own because we wanted to spend the day at this much recommended snorkeling beach.  It is called the Black Rock Beach because there is a huge rock from which people jump into the water.  I couldn't wait to put on my snorkel gear, so off I went. Literally I could see the bottom of the ocean with absolutely no effort.  As soon as I looked underwater I could not believe my eyes, it was as if I was standing in my tub, completely clear.  It was overwhelming at first, it scared me! There were schools of fishes swimming along side me: yellow, red, orange, all colors! OMG was I the Little Mermaid?? How come they are not afraid of me?? duh maybe because they see hundreds of tourist a day....Its just another day of showing off for them. Lol
Google Image
 As much as I was amazed by all of the coral and the fishes there was one thing that I wanted to see more than anything. I swam further into the ocean but there was no sign of them.  Then suddenly, there it was... swimming among side me and then making its way to the bottom of the ocean to tease me, TWO SEA TURTLES !!!! It was MAGICAL!! I took a few pictures with my phone but they didn't do justice to what was before my eyes. I found this google image that gives you an exact idea of what was before me. These turtles are HUGE! but so sweet, I was truly in awe of them.
After that we saw a few more and then my husband decided to take the climb of death to the Black Rock, to jump down. I was so afraid for him but when he did it three times, I was just jealous. haha I was too much of a chicken to jump myself.  :/ However there was something I did by myself that I feel very proud of.  I went deep sea canoeing. Yaaaay me! lol

This concludes My Very Own Hawaiian Experience. I hope you have enjoyed it and that it births within you a desire to go out and try something new and to live life to the fullest.

Love you ! ALOHA
Slide show ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment