Thursday, February 13, 2014

"Love Letter" from Rev. Oscar Gonzalez




First of all I want to take this moment to congratulate FGAL on its first year of amazing heartfelt writing. I've always known there was an amazing treasure within you, and its such a blessing to see how it has enriched many lives. This is just the beginning of an amazing journey. I mean, in one year a blog that has impacted the world, conference speaker who has blessed so many lives and a book to top it all off. WOW! I am truly proud of you. 

My love, the moment we first met I knew I wanted to be with you. It's been 27 yrs. now and I truly have to say that my love for you continues to increase. I believe its because you have accepted me the way I am. You genuinely love who I am, and that in itself creates a magnet of an incredible love that draws me closer to you day by day. When we first met you were already filled with beauty and tenderness, ready to face the world with me. I can remember that first encounter where I would not stop talking! lol. I was able to express and be myself with you. I had never opened up the way I did to anyone. You carry such a grace that attracts anyone. I admire your compassion for people, and willingness to serve whoever needs help. You are an amazing wife, one who supports me till the end. You are an incredible mother, one who nurtures our boys in what they need and then some. The kids and I always look forward to your cooking. It is a joy watching you as you prepare a meal. You make it an adventure for me and the kids, and we love it. Please don't ever stop! Lol 

Millie, you have developed into a woman of purpose & passion; it has become contagious. Remember that there is no greater fan than me. I will cheer you on to the end; just give me the pon pons lol. Life is very challenging and I have come to understand that two are better than one. You are the perfect help mate that God created for me. In all the years we've known each other, you've made this road a lot more comfortable for the both of us. It's your spontaneity, your humor, fairness, and always ready to create memories that I enjoy. But one of the most important traits that I deeply love about you is that you are true to yourself. Thanks for being you! 

I remember many years ago when we were newlyweds, someone said..."just wait, as time goes by you are going to want to spend less time with your wife". The truth is its been 20 years and I still feel like I can't be apart from you. I truly enjoy experiencing new things with you, riding our bikes, walking around our neighborhood to just talk, our travels throughout the world, ...OK, I enjoy you! My hearts desire is to finish our purpose here on earth and simply grow old with you. When you first met me you saw a man who wanted to reach the world and make a difference. Marrying a minister is not an easy task, but with you it has been the best ride of my life. As "Steve Perry" from the band "Journey" once wrote and sang...oh girl you stand by me, I'm forever yours FAITHFULLY.

10 comments:

  1. Very beautiful words, may God bless your marriage always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me dan unos deceos de llorar, pof alegria. Se me dio escalofrios, que lindas palabras. Recuerdo que muchos decian que no hiba a durar ese noviazgo de lejos, yo decia lo contrario. Eso es de Dios y son el uno para el otro. Dios lis cuide siempre, bendecida esa union.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. Truly inspiring and heartfelt words. Thank you both for your fine example. It is a privilege to count on you both as friends. Joshua

      Delete
  3. Thank you Pastor Joshua... we feel the same about you guys. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was beautiful. It inspires a woman to be God's best and to hold out for God's best man. Thank you for sharing. This is the second blog I've read and thoroughly enjoyed, both. The first one was about grief, which I thought was excellent! A friend of mine introduced me to your blog and I'm so glad he did. I look forward to reading previous ones and those yet to be written. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for Reading Mimi. I'm humbled that you have found comfort through my writting. I pray many blessing upon you and your family!

      Delete