Sunday, September 15, 2013

Jesus TOOK the wheel - part 2


My dad was completely alert, therefore he was aware of how severe his condition was.  His tears rolled
down the sides of his face every time he heard the doctors, or every time we touched him.  He reacted to everything we told him and answered yes and no questions by nodding.  He smiled when I made him laugh and shook his head when I said things he didn't like.

I tried to get his mind off the breathing tube which was making him anxious.  I searched on youtube for the music he and I listened to when I was a teen.   The Imperials, a Christian band very popular in the eighties.  The songs took me back to those days; I could see him and I driving to my monthly orthodontist appointment while bobbing our heads to the tunes. LOL
I looked at his hands while the music was playing and his fingers were dancing to the beat.  I was bawling!!! I wanted my dad to live!! I was not ready to lose him.


On Thursday a group of over 20 friends and relatives fell on their knees on the ICU waiting room floor to
pray.  
On Friday the fever was gone, he was stable and the balloon was removed without complications; the heart continued to pump on its own.  On Saturday they turned down the oxygen from his breathing tube to see if he could breath on his own.  He did well for a little but it had to be turned back on.
He was uncomfortable, anxious and miserable with that tube.  His lips were swollen, chapped and bruised; we could not wait for it to be removed.

On Sunday morning I walked into the ICU and found him looking miserable and irritable. I asked him if it was the tube and he nodded yes. The doctor said he would try to lower the oxygen again and see how he would do.  I was desperate, I didn't want him to see me cry so I went downstairs to get some coffee.  When I came back, this is what I found, him sitting up, with a big smile on his face, with his ipad in his hands. LOL I was so stunned that I didn't go inside the room, I stood paralyzed at the door saying "no way... no way... omg... omg!!!  crying my eyes out.  LOL Then I heard him say "Millie come on in" WHAT??? HE TALKS???? I threw myself on him and just cried, I could not stop crying.The nurse said he thought he was going to have to prepare a room for me!! hahaha

Now, what are the doctors saying? 
My brother Steve (Saul's son) asked his Pastor to pray for his father, (Pastor Saul Ramos).  Little did he know that amongst the members was Saul's pulmonologist.  The doctor said that when he heard his pastor say "Lets pray for pastor Saul Ramos" he could not believe his ears.  He remembered the previous day, while working in ICU,  someone called him to go attend a patient by the name of Saul Ramos.  He was trying to finish with his patient to then go to Saul.  But he heard the Spirit of God say "Go tend to Saul, he is my servant" so he dropped everything and went to him.  As he was setting up the breathing tube and the oxygen level he felt God's hand guiding him.

 The next day the Pulmonologist came with four other doctors, they all wanted to see my dad.  He looked at my dad and said "this was most definitely an act of GOD." I wanted to do a shouting dance!! lol

The cardiologist came to him and said "Saul you are the strongest man I have ever seen, it was a pleasure to attend you and to witness such a miraculous recovery."


Monday morning when I walked in his room, he was sitting on the chair next to the bed...  smiling .  I ran to him and hugged and kissed him until he said "your going to kill me Millie" haha  I shaved him, pampered him and brought him a gourmet salad.  I didn't want to leave his side.  I couldn't get enough of his talking, laughing, and being his grumpy self. hahah Every minute with him meant so much. 







 Just the way he likes it... LOL




My brother Steve and I :)
 My daddy is back... Jesus took the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment