Monday, August 26, 2013

Annapolis Confference

I will begin by saying thank you to the Ladies of Annapolis for giving me the opportunity to minister to them this weekend.  It was a life changing experience for many of us.  


The campsite was a pleasant surprise; the facilities were adorable. The camp was built to resemble a small western town.  The grounds were beautifully kept with bridges, a river, mountains, shady trees, and tons of thoughtful details that add to the western feel.  I wish I'd brought a western hat! LOL 



The camp guest speakers are given a two bedroom suite in a colonial house from the 1870's.  I fell in love with it; there was so many little details that made the space cozy and warm.  Everything from the old wood floors to the quilts seemed to have been hand picked. 


As many of you know, I have never given as much as a class in Spanish, much less a conference! lol  I have to admit I was quite nervous.  I feel a lot more comfortable expressing myself in English.  So when the time
came for me to give my conference I needed God to show up! LOL  There were over 65 women;  ranging from ages 12 to 35, married and non married.

I knew it would be a challenge to bring a theme in which all could relate and be edified. Keeping that in mind, I chose to give the conference in two parts.... my adolescent years and my most recent years. Thankfully I was able to keep every one's attention throughout. LOL 

The title for the conference was "Sanando el alma" (Healing the soul)  I must say.... God showed up in a mighty way.  I  was able to speak fluent Spanish for over 45 minutes without stopping to ask for help with a word. LOL 




At the end I divided them into four groups to create a more intimate atmosphere.  They ministered to one another and were able to share their pain freely without fear of being judged.  I shared of myself; opened my heart to let them know that we all go through the same pain and suffering.  But more importantly, that with God's help we come out victorious.  




I saw many tears, laughter, joy, deliverance, peace, and love come from each one of the women.  I brought them with me in my heart and they will always be in my prayers.  

These are just a few that I was able to take a picture with on Sunday night.



No comments:

Post a Comment