Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Father of all fathers!



After reading the list of things that a father should be able to provide for their daughter, I could not help but feel that many of us were robbed from that experience.  I can’t imagine what it would've felt like to have a daddy protect me, tell me I was beautiful, teach me to respect myself, and teach me about men. Probably above all things, I would have loved to witness him live by example; therefore teaching me, how a woman should be treated by the way he treated my mother.  Sadly, that is not the story for most of us women.   I also thought about the many men that are clueless as to what a dad or husband should be, because they didn't have a father to teach them.  Then came the question of “how do we learn these things?”

Since most of us were not dealt that hand, what do we do, are we destined for failure? No, we are not.  If there wasn't a way for all of us to overcome, then life would simply not be fair and God not just.  There is a father that if we allow him to, can not only fill every one of those basic needs in our lives but surpass them beyond our understanding.    Unlike earthly fathers, He is perfect, He does not waiver, He loves us unconditionally and his love and forgiveness for us is never ending. 

He calls us the apple of his eye, He knows how many hairs are on our head, and before the foundation of the earth he loved us.  He promises that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from His Love. If you can show me an earthy father that can love like that; I’ll tell you that life is not fair. LOL


The great thing about this is that we ALL have access to that father.  Men and women alike; non is excluded.  He tells us to “come boldly (without fear, with complete confidence) into the throne of grace in our time of NEED and we will find mercy.”  Wow that’s exciting.  You have no idea how many people I've seen that are afraid or their fathers.  They are terrified to come to their fathers when they have done something wrong.  Not us, the ones that have our heavenly Father as our dads! We can come BOLDLY into our daddy’s throne where we can find mercy.  It is my prayer today that more earthly fathers would follow the example of our heavenly Father.  

Lets decide today that we will no longer live wishing we would've had a father to teach us or to love us.  Lets live with confidence knowing that the Father of all fathers loves us.  And that through him we can learn all we need to know to be the very best fathers and mothers to our own children.  We are blessed!    

No comments:

Post a Comment