Wednesday, June 26, 2013

short novel "I see white clouds" Part 6




I was trying my best not to make a sound, not sure of what I should do next; I asked, whispering softly “who are you?” I could see the blood continuing to spill into my room, everything inside me wanted to jump up and clean it. I went for the cleaning caddy under my bed, but before I grabbed it, I thought about what happened the last time I “thought” I saw blood. I knew security was probably looking at me; I had to act as normal as possible to avoid any attention. I reached for a glass of water sitting on my nightstand. For a few minutes there was complete silence on the other side, then I heard the scratching sound again, then the crying and more blood. “Could it be that I’m completely losing my mind?” I thought to myself. But it looked and sounded so real that I could not ignore it. Again I whispered “why are you crying, are you hurt?” The tiny voice coming from under the door responded, “Yes.” I wanted to get up, open the door, and help whoever was there. But how could I do it without having security see me. I laid down to try and figure out a plan; I fell into a deep sleep.


It was 9:00 am when I opened my eyes; immediately my eyes went towards the floor. There was nothing, it was clean. I showered, got dressed and combed my hair; I couldn’t wait to get to my session. I ran into the dining hall to eat a yogurt and a banana. When I

looked towards the courtyard, there they were Lolita and Tom holding hands. I could hardly believe my eyes, I knew that they became inseparable after the Madam Camille’s coat incident but I never thought this!!! Oh my goodness, I busted out into laughter. They heard me and immediately let go of each other’s hand. Lolita ran inside towards me and in an apologetic tone said “I’m sorry Priscilla, we wanted to tell you but we were waiting for the right time. We knew how it would break your heart.” “WHAT?!?!?! Break my heart… really?!? Oh darling you could have the mustache, sideburn, tiny, chipmunk all to yourself”…. It’s what I wanted to say, but instead I said. “Don’t worry, in time, I will get over it.” hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I was busting inside. Tom came into the dining hall looking more afraid than a deer in headlights. I heard Lolita telling him “she didn’t take it well” to what Tom responded “I told you.”


Session 6

 I started by telling her how my heart had just been broken into a million little pieces. We laughed so loud, we were afraid someone would hear us. With a smile, she told me that I looked much better than when I first arrived, I agreed. Then I said “well, I feel better but my nights are becoming more and more strange.” I continued to share with her what happened the night before. How I could now hear the voice clearly and that we seemed to have communicated. She looked puzzled, and then asked me how I felt while it was happening. “I didn’t feel any fear; I did however have the anxiety of wanting to clean up the blood.” I said to her. “When I asked if it was hurt and the tiny voice said “yes” I felt the need to help, to heal, to care for it,” I added. “Ok she said, if you promise me that you will stay safe, I will ask security to not intervene so we can get to the bottom of this.” I wasn’t sure what to say, part of me wanted her to say; just ignore it and it will go away. But she didn’t, she wanted to get to the bottom of it. Sometimes I really didn’t like her. UGH! Before my session was over, she received an emergency call via the intercom. She told me our session would have to end because she had to attend to an emergency matter.


A handsome man was waiting outside her door. He was tall, with dirty blond hair, hazel eyes and a strong physique. He reminded me a little of Ben Affleck. She asked him to go inside her office. I felt butterflies in my stomach as he walked passed me and said good
morning. “Well, it just got better!” it’s what I wanted to answer hahaha but I said “thanks, good morning to you too” instead. My heart was beating faster than a speeding bullet. I felt flustered and as giddy as a school girl. “Who was that man?” I wanted to know. An hour passed, I was having lunch with Lolita and Tom in the courtyard. What happened next literally almost made me fall off my seat. The “man” was walking towards our table; he was staring right at us. With the most deep, manly, melodic voice I’d ever heard he said “good afternoon, mind if I join you?” OH MY GOD!!!!! I wouldn’t mind if you married me!!! Let alone join me!?!?!! Were my thoughts, but Lolita quickly answered, “sure, help yourself to a seat.” She was as cool as a cucumber. HAVE SOME REVERANCE WOMAN, can’t you see this man is a GOD!! Hahaha. The man sat, looked at Tom and said “introduce me to your friends, little brother.”  


I couldn’t get passed the shock of that man being Tom’s brother; well half brother on his mother’s side, but brother nonetheless. Shortly after the “man” sat down, I excused myself to give the brothers some privacy and to get passed the shock as well. I went to my room, sat on my chair and reached for my key to open the top drawer of my nightstand to get my
journal. The journal wasn’t there. Being anal about order, I knew that was where I put it every day religiously. I carried the key with me everywhere on a yarn bracelet around my wrist. I began to perspire, my hands to shake, where could it be? I rocked back and forth on my chair, there has to be a logical explanation for its disappearance. Extreme anxiety began to come over me, I felt my body going limb, I started to shake, and to feel cold chills running down my back. Where is it? I have to find it!!! At that moment I looked down towards the floor next to the nightstand, the area rug had been slightly moved. I was intrigued and determined to find out what happened, it looked as if someone had move the nightstand. I pulled it away from the wall and looked behind it, the back panel appeared as if it had been removed and replaced. Taking an even closer look, there were scratch marks on it and what appeared to be dried blood on the very bottom of the panel. “How did it manage to get inside?” I asked myself, "and why did it take my Journal?"


No comments:

Post a Comment