Monday, April 8, 2013

Lets Bring ROMANCE back 3rd spring challenge


After almost 20 years of marriage and two kids, it takes a little more effort and creativity to keep the romance alive.  I tell you what, thinking about the fact that this is the person that you will be spending the rest of your life with, gives you the motivation you need to put in the effort.  Don’t wait for the other person to take the initiative, you do it; the quality of your life depends on it.  It’s worth stepping out of our comfort zone, putting ourselves out there, and doing something spontaneous.  We need to make our dreams come true, instead of living in waiting for years for someone else to make them come true for us.  The saying “the grass is greener where you water it” its probably one of the most powerful sayings I have ever read when it comes to relationships.  The grass is never greener on the other side, it only appears that way.  When you actually get to the other side you notice that it’s the same exact grass everywhere.  Let’s water ours and watch it get greener and greener as the years pass. 


That said, let’s get to our third Spring challenge; “Let’s bring romance back” let’s give it a fresh make over.  Spring is about all things fresh and new, why not carry that over to our love life.  If you have noticed, there is a reoccurring theme throughout my posts; Joy and Happiness are choices we make daily, in spite of our circumstances.  I believe this strongly.  Something challenging, scary, dangerous, intimidating, happens all around us daily.  If we sit around waiting for a good day to feel joy and happiness, it’s going to be a long time before we feel it.  A better choice is to choose it as difficult as this may be at times.  As I write this, I’m encouraging myself as well.  I have many days when I struggle to find it but I’m determined to not give up.  I remind myself that it’s in the little things; my boy’s voices, their little hands, their footsteps running up the stairs.  Not far away at all, right in front of us there is something to be joyful and happy about.  Now, let’s freshen up that love life! 


I've done my share of spontaneous (crazy) things. Lol Last year for our 19th anniversary, hubby asked me what I wanted to do.  It was a school week for our kids so we couldn't go away.  I told him I wanted to have a picnic on the beach while watching the sun set over the water.  Off we went; I made a summer pasta salad and packed some fruit.  It was probably one of the most memorable anniversaries we've had.  It practically took no effort, not much expense and not much planning.  Yet, it was magical and romantic.  We drove close to 2 hrs to Clearwater beach with nothing but a blanket and a couple things to eat.  We stayed until almost midnight, sharing our dreams, reminiscing, playing, laughing and yes even crying (me) lol.

We shouldn't underestimate the value of the little things.  Sometimes we get caught up in planning huge things when there is pleasure in little things.  Whatever you decide to do for your spring challenge do it with love and it's results will be rewarding. Even it its a picnic and it rains.... you will dance in the rain. Enjoy!  thanks for reading 

4 comments:

  1. I like the beach idea! We will be celebrating 30 years so we can use the help!
    LOL ! Simply life ! Dalmita


    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an inspiration Millilita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stories are so uplifting beautiful...god bless u <3

    ReplyDelete