Thursday, April 11, 2013

Four Spring Adventures to Explore


I received a text from one of my neighbors telling me that another one of our neighbors wanted to have a BBQ for our “sandlot” kids (is what I call them). LOL they are a group of 9 kids (all neighbors) that have grown up together, my two boys included.  So… on Sunday, there they were eating their hot dogs and burgers.  Guess what happened, the adults joined in and it became a full blown party with the Harlem Shake and everything… lol I made a huge baked ziti for the adults, took it outside and we danced, talked and ate until 9:00pm. LOL love my neighbors.

 
My favorite season of the year is spring; it makes me think of newness, freshness, and life.  I get motivated to try new things.   I especially like the long days because of the daylight savings time.  This week I would like to talk about four fun things we can do during this time of the year.   I challenged myself to do something I have never done before. I started with something I’ve been wanting for years.  As some of you may know, I love to cook.  I get lost in my kitchen for hours. The kitchen to me is like a blank canvas to an artist.  I open the fridge and the pantry at the same time and start creating. I never said I was good; I just like to do it. LOL my poor husband, kids and neighbors are my guinea pigs.  

My sisters think I’m crazy, they much rather be shopping. LOL I remember when I was in college, right before studying for a final I would open up a recipe book and cook a gourmet meal.  For some strange reason it would relax me, put me at ease and give me the motivation I needed to study.  That’s been true for many other times as well.  I enjoy the chopping, sauteing, mincing, pureeing, marinating, oh and the aromas send me over the edge.  My hubby is always telling me to turn on the vent when I’m cooking; I say “what?? And get rid of that glorious garlic smell?? Hahaha


This is my herb Garden :) 
Last month I asked my hubby to plant me an herb garden.  He looked at me like “really???  do you not remember the 25 or so plants you have brutally killed of dehydration over the years?” hahahaha after some convincing we did it, I have a tiny herb garden!  I swear I’m the barefoot contessa from the food network now.  I go outside barefooted with my garden scissors and gently cut my fresh herbs.  (Psycho) I know :/   I have basil, oregano, mint, rosemary, and culantro. 
So as my first suggestion for something new to try for spring, I recommend for you to plant something. For me an herb garden was perfect; it doesn’t require much care! Lol For you it might me flowers or veggies. 

Lets plant and see life grow :)

5 comments:

  1. Okay I'm in it! I already have a pumpkin patch taking over my backyard and a huge lemons tree . Ha, ha M.... Next , herbs ! Thank you ! Dalmita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol cool a lemon tree sounds gorgeous! Maybe next spring.... ;)

      Delete
  2. how do you cure fatty liver disease how do you cure fatty liver disease how
    do you cure fatty liver disease

    Feel free to surf to my weblog: fatty liver ayurvedic treatment

    ReplyDelete