Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Oldest Boy Speaks ...

Happy Friday everyone! I pray your weekend is filled with many blessings :)  OK, here it is, my oldests' blog post. LOL I must confess I teared up reading it.  I was amazed when I read his perspective; amazing how we can influence our children without even knowing it.  It is my daily prayer that my children will grow up to be God fearing men.  I still have a long way to go as far as raising them.  I have to believe that their future is in God's hands and that as long as we do the best we can; God will take care of the rest.  Enjoy your weekend, see you on Monday.
Thanks for reading :)
Just to let you know this is a 10 yr old writing to you.   By the end of this I’m pretty sure you will be surprised.  My parents are like no one else in the world they are too good I can’t even explain it.  Let’s start with my dad. My dad is very important to me because he is the one who brought me to Christ, he teaches me how to do everything. How to play sports, swim, ride bikes, and many more things.  He is a minister, and is one of the best person’s I know.  He travels the world bringing people to Christ.   
My mom is special because she is the one that cares for me.  Cleans, does laundry, cooks and does everything in the house.  She makes the house smell good.  She is the best story teller.  Ever since I was little she would tell me stories to make me laugh. I love my mom’s cooking, if you have any questions about food, you should come to her. She teaches me how to cook; last week I learned how to make potato salad, it was better than the one she makes. Lol She is part of the reason why I am who I am today. 
I will now tell you a little bit about my accident. One day I was playing on my friends swing set when I fell and broke my arm.  My parents thought it was a common fracture. But it ended up being compartment syndrome, that’s when a bone comes out of the socket.  The doctor said that he would try to save my arm, that if he wasn’t able to, he would have to amputate my arm.   My parents cared for me, my mom stayed in the hospital with me every day and night for 11 days.  When she told me stories, I would feel better.
One day while I was in the hospital, my dad had to go work.  While he was preaching a lady came up to him and told him that her arm was broken.  He thought to himself, this is what my son is going through.  He told the lady to lift up her arm, knowing that I couldn’t lift mine up.  When he came home from that trip, I showed him how I could lift up my arm; he was amazed.
I think parents should never smack their kids, I have heard of parents that have hit their kids and even throw them against the wall.  My parents would never do that.  By doing this all you’re teaching your kids is violence.  And that is not something you want to teach your kids.  If you are one of these parents please change your ways and talk to them instead; tell them what they did wrong, instead of hitting them.  Give them time-out from what they love to do the most. 
God does not appreciate these wrong doings; when you do, you go farther and farther away from God until you don’t know him anymore.
 

7 comments:

  1. My adorable, sweet, kind, handsome, lovable, smart caring.......nephew I love him with all my heart.. titi Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. David im so proud of you. You are a prime example of what faith and trust in God will do. When you trust in God without hesitation he can make the impossible possible. God has blessed you with an amazing family full of love never take any of it for granted. Love you papi. Titi Milly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, great writer !

    ReplyDelete
  4. love him!!!!!!!!!.... did such a great job!!!! best cousin in the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your son should have his own blog! lol.. he is good.. and I love your blog! God Bless you guys :-)


    Maira Naranjo

    ReplyDelete